What to do on the day of Commencement
Graduate Day-of Instructions
Commencement: Friday, May 11, 2018
- We ask all undergraduate students to come to 4th Street and Vine Avenue, behind the Main Library, at 5:30pm for check-in. Students wishing to participate in the ceremony must be in line by 6:30pm to be guaranteed a spot.
- Graduate students check-in out front of the Main Library (north side) at 6:00pm.
What to bring:
- Regalia (cap and gown)
- No outside containers, large bags, backpacks, or parcels will be permitted into the stadium.
What to wear:
- All students participating in the ceremony must be wearing their regalia after check-in but before entering the stadium.
- Although what you wear under your gown is at your discretion, we encourage breathable clothing, as well as comfortable shoes.
- High heels are strongly discouraged.
What to know:
- We ask all students to come carrying their regalia. You will be screened through security first and then must robe before entering the stadium.
- We will provide water for every student, however, sealed water containers are permitted into the stadium.
- Photographers will be on site, but it is your responsibility to meet with them at check-in.
- #Beardownlife is the official UA Commencement hashtag. Make sure you are tagging all your photos with this to become a part of the excitement!
- Your student CatCard is required to access the field.
- Prior to the ceremony, choose a location to meet your guests once the event is over. Graduates and guests are encouraged to exit and meet on the UA Mall north of the stadium.
What to expect:
- It’s going to be warm and sunny. Make sure to drink plenty of water before and during the ceremony.
- Although it's graduation, all students are still held to the same expectations and standards outlined in the Student Code of Conduct handbook. Any individuals who violate these polices will be asked to leave the ceremony.