Commencement marks an important rite of passage in every student’s academic journey, and you, as faculty members, have been instrumental educators, mentors, and guides along the way. Your presence at this ceremony is a meaningful display of support as the University of Arizona confers degrees on over 6,000 undergraduate and graduate students and formally welcomes them to the Wildcat family for life.
Commencement in Arizona Stadium is truly a festive occasion, where the UA community sends our students off to the next chapter of their lives in grand style, and as faculty, you get a front row seat! For a sneak peak of what it will be like to participate, visit the Multimedia Room.
Everything you need to know in order to participate in the Commencement ceremony, from what to wear to where to park, can be found on this page.
DATE: Friday, May 10, 2019
LOCATION: Bear Down Kitchen (located on the 4th floor of the Lowell-Stevens Football Facility at the corner of Cherry Ave. and Enke Dr., next to Gate 2)
6:00 p.m. Faculty Check-In & Reception
Heavy appetizers will be served
7:00 p.m. Faculty Line Up in Full Regalia
7:30 p.m. Ceremony Begins
*Ceremony estimated to last approximately 90 minutes. There will be no recessional. Faculty may leave after the conclusion of the ceremony before the firework show.
PARKING: Free at all garages and surface lots on a first-come, first-served basis. CatTrans will be operating as well.
REGALIA PURCHASE AND RENTAL INFORMATION:
Full regalia is required to participate.
If you own your regalia already, we would love to see you in your colors! If you need to purchase or rent regalia, here are the following options:
- INDIVIDUAL REGALIA PURCHASE: If you are interested in purchasing your own set of regalia, please fill out this form and work directly with the UA BookStore for fitting, payment, and pick up.
- INDIVIDUAL FACULTY RENTALS: If you are interested in renting a regalia set for Commencement, please go to the UA BookStore website and coordinate your rental order, payment, and pickup directly with the UA BookStore.
- DEPARTMENTAL FACULTY RENTALS: If your department is interested in ordering and paying for multiple sets of regalia, please work with your administrative team to fill out the Faculty Regalia Rental Form found here. Your department will process payment through service billing or p-card directly with the UA BookStore.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL FACULTY REGALIA RENTAL AND PURCHASES ARE DUE BY FRIDAY, MARCH 15, 2019.
If you have any additional questions, Karen Sanson is available to help!
Karen Sanson, UA BookStores
DAY OF REMINDERS:
- No personal items allowed in Bear Down Kitchen/Lowell Stevens Football Facility. Please do not bring purses or bags unless they are small and easily concealable under regalia.
- Wear comfortable, breathable business casual attire under regalia.
- Keep hydrated! Water bottles will be provided.
ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS? DON'T HESITATE TO ASK.
Caitlin Kerrigan, Faculty Programs