Family & Guests Day Of Instructions
Family and Guest Day-of Instructions
Commencement: May 12th, 2017
Time: 7:30 pm
Length: ~90-120 min
Note: Those who are unable to attend or choose to stay home for the ceremony may stream the event live via Arizona Public Media.
When to get there:
- Gates will open at 5:30pm, in which guests can enter from any stadium entrance.
What you can you bring into the stadium:
- Commencement 2017 will be enforcing game-day rules in which all family members and attendees must abide by the UA’s clear bag policy for entry into the stadium. No outside containers, large bags, backpacks, or parcels will be permitted and all in-hand items must be placed in the appropriate and approved clear bag
- Balloons and view obstructing banners are NOT permitted into the stadium.
- * All personal items are subject to search
What to Know:
- Photographers will be available at student-check in. But it is the student’s responsibility to make sure their picture is taken. Students will fill out an information card, and will be contacted at a later time for the purchase of photos.
- Seat backs will be available for rental once inside the stadium.
- Flowers will be available to purchase in surrounding areas near the stadium.
- No tickets are required to attend the ceremony
- Prior to the ceremony, choose a location to meet your student once the event is over. Guests are encouraged to exit and meet on the "UA Mall" north of the Stadium.
What to expect:
- It’s going to be warm and sunny- so drink plenty of water, wear a hat, and use sunscreen! Small umbrellas are permitted.
- All concessions within the stadium will be open and available for the purchase of water, drinks, and snacks.
- Staff & volunteers will be walking around the stadium available to assist you with any questions or concerns.
- All seating is on a first come first serve basis.
As a visitor to the University of Arizona, there are a couple of ways you can gain access to the campus wireless network.
UAGuest is a FREE unsecured wireless network provided for campus visitors and requires authentication with a user name and password. Campus visitors can select UAGuest from the wireless options on their device, and establish an account valid for five (5) days by entering their name and cell phone number. After five (5) days, guests will need to establish a new account.
Download the UAGuest user guide.
How it works
Select UAGuest from the wireless options on your device.
Open a web browser if one does not automatically open for you.
The Welcome UAGuest webpage will appear.
To create an account, click on “Create Account” at the bottom of the webpage.
Enter your name and cell phone number (use hyphens ex. XXX-XXX-XXXX).
You will receive a text message containing your assigned username and password.
Go back to your UAGuest Welcome page and enter your assigned username and password.
Read the Acceptable Use Policy and click “Accept.”