To request accommodations or ask questions regarding your processional route and seating, contact the Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 621-3268
To ensure the availability of a Sign Language interpreter or CART, please make an online request here . You may also contact Catherine Mazzola via email at email@example.com or via phone at (520) 626-4471 to arrange for a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
FAMILIES AND GUESTS:
Convocation Locations and Parking
May college and department convocation ceremonies are held at various campus locations, with most major convocations being at four venues.
- Parking options are mostly in campus garages but can vary according to the location and time/day of the ceremony.
- Accessible parking is available in all garages after 5pm on weekdays. On weekends, accessible parking spaces in surface lots are open to anyone with a disabled plate or parking placard.
- Refer to the Campus Disabled Parking Map to locate accessible parking, marked with red and green dots, close to your ceremony during these times. Venue building numbers are included below to assist in locating a venue on the map.
- You may also drop off members of your party at the venue before parking, if more convenient.
VENUE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Accessible parking is located in Cherry Avenue Garage.
- A drop off area is also available in the parking lot east of McKale on Enke. It is just a short walk from the drop off area to the south entrance next to the Ticket Office.
- There are two suggested accessible entrances into McKale.
- The entrance on the south side of McKale to the right of the Ticket Office goes directly to accessible seating options along the middle concourse.
- The entrance on the south side McKale to the left of the Ticket Office leads to the elevator that will take you to the top concourse.
- You may also use the 2nd floor walkway between the parking garage and McKale. This takes you to accessible seating options along the top concourse. You may also reach the middle concourse accessible seating by taking the south elevator down one level.
- Note: Eller College of Management’s undergraduate convocation guest parking is located on the UA Mall just north of McKale, which is easily accessible via Campbell Avenue or Cherry Street from Speedway Boulevard. Disabled parking is still available in the Cherry Street Garage and the surface lot southeast of McKale.
Centennial Hall (building 29)
- Accessible parking is located in Tyndall Garage, or in other accessible parking areas if it is an evening or weekend. A drop off area is also located in front of Centennial Hall on University Boulevard.
- Check with your student’s college to see if there will be a shuttle.
Student Union Ballrooms and Gallagher Theater (building 17)
- Accessible parking is located in 2nd Street Garage, immediately adjacent, or in other accessible parking areas if it is an evening or weekend. A drop off area is also located along the traffic circle at the end of Mountain Avenue.
Crowder Hall (building 4)
- Accessible parking is located in the Park Avenue Garage but involves a long, sloped underpass walk to Crowder. A drop off area is also located on Olive Street adjacent to Crowder Hall.
Duvall Auditorium - (Banner UA Medical Center)
- Accessible parking is located in the hospital parking garage. A drop off area is located in front of the building.
Tucson University Park
- Accessible parking is located in Main Gate Garage. A drop off area is located at the front of the hotel.
Social Sciences (Room 100)
- Accessible parking is located on the Southwest side of the building.
Tucson Convention Center Music Hall
- Accessible parking is located at the venue. Refer to their website for details here.
All venues have accessible seating areas for disabled guests and one companion. Seating will be provided nearby for other members of your group as space allows.
Assistive Listening Systems
Assistive Listening Systems are available for ceremonies held at Centennial Hall, the Student Union Ballrooms and Gallagher Theater, Crowder Hall, Tucson University Park, and DuVal Auditorium. Please request on site.
Sign Language Interpreters
To ensure the availability of a Sign Language interpreter or CART, please make an online request here. You may also contact Catherine Mazzola at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 520-626-4471 to arrange for a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
If a family member or other guests would like to rent a wheelchair while in Tucson, please contact one of the following local vendors:
Tucson Safety and Medical: 520-628-7267, open on Saturdays
American Mobility: 520-628-7480
Metro Med: 520-323-9500
National Rehab: 520-323-7400
For other questions about access, or to request other disability-related accommodations, contact the Disability Resource Center at email@example.com or (520) 621-3268.