To request accommodations or ask questions regarding your processional route and seating, contact the Disability Resource Center at email@example.com or (520) 621-3268
To ensure the availability of a Sign Language interpreter or CART, please make an online request here or contact Catherine Mazzola at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 626-4471 to arrange a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
FAMILIES AND GUESTS:
Convocation Locations and Parking
May College and Department Convocation ceremonies are held at various campus locations with most major Convocations being at 4 venues.
- Parking options are mostly in campus garages but can vary according to the location and time/day of the ceremony.
- There is accessible parking in the garages after 5 p.m., and on weekends accessible parking spaces in surface lots are open to anyone with a disabled plate or parking placard.
- Refer to the Campus Disabled Parking Map to locate accessible parking (marked with red and green dots) close to your ceremony during these times. Venue building numbers included below to assist in locating venue on map
- You can also drop off members of your party at the venue before parking, if more convenient.
VENUE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
- Accessible parking is located in the Cherry Ave Garage.
- A drop off area is also available in the parking lot east of McKale on Enke. It is just a short walk from the drop off area to the south entrance next to the Ticket Office.
- There are two suggested accessible entrances into McKale.
- The entrance on the south side of McKale next to the ticket Office goes directly to accessible seating options along the middle concourse. An elevator there will also take you to the accessible seating options on the top level concourse.
- You can also use the 2nd floor walkway between the garage and McKale. This takes you to accessible seating options along the top concourse. You can also reach the middle concourse accessible seating by taking the south elevator down one level.
Centennial Hall (building 29)
- Accessible parking is located in the Tyndall Garage or in other accessible parking areas if evening or weekend. A drop off area is also located in front of Centennial on University Blvd.
- Check with your student’s college to see if there will be a shuttle.
Student Union Ballrooms and Gallagher Theater (building 17)
- Accessible parking is located in the 2nd St. Garage, immediately adjacent, or in other accessible parking areas if evening or weekend. A drop off area is also located along the traffic circle at end of Mountain Ave.
Crowder Hall (building 4)
- Accessible parking is located in the Park Ave. Garage but involves a long sloped underpass walk to Crowder. A drop off area is also located on Olive St. adjacent to Crowder Hall.
Duvall Auditorium - (Banner UA Medical Center)
- Accessible parking located in hospital parking garage. A drop off area is located in front of the building.
Social Sciences (Room 100)
- Accessible parking is located on the Southwest side of the building.
Tucson Convention Center Music Hall
- Accessible parking is located at the venue. Refer to their website for details here.
All venues have accessible seating areas for disabled guests and one companion. Seating will be provided nearby for other members of your group as space allows.
Assistive Listening Systems
Assistive Listening Systems are available for ceremonies held at Centennial Hall, the Student Union Ballrooms and Gallagher Theater, Crowder Hall, Tuscon Marriott University Park, and Duval Auditorium. Please request on site.
Sign Language Interpreters
To insure the availability of a Sign Language interpreter or CART, please make an online request here or contact Catherine Mazzola at email@example.com or (520) 626-4471 to arrange a Sign Language interpreter or CART.
If a family member or other guests would like to rent a wheelchair while in Tucson, please contact one of the following local vendors:
Tucson Safety and Medical (520) 628-7267 Open on Saturdays
American Mobility (520) 628-7480
Metro Med (520) 323-9500
National Rehab (520) 323-7400
For other questions about access or to request other disability- related accommodations, contact Disability Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or (520) 621-3268.