ARIZONA STADIUM POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- All persons entering the stadium are subject to Arizona Board of Regents and University of Arizona rules and regulations and Arizona state law.
- Field access is restricted to properly credentialed individuals and graduates only.
- Arizona Stadium has a clear bag policy limiting the size and type of bags that may be brought in. The following is a list of bags that will be accepted for entry: bags that are clear plastic or vinyl and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”, one-gallon clear plastic freezer bags, and small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, after being searched. Exceptions will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection, including, but not limited to, oxygen tanks, diabetes kits, allergy pens, etc. Prohibited bags include but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, diaper bags, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, long golf umbrellas, cooler bags, computer bags, camera bags, non-approved seat cushions including those that are oversized, have pockets, compartments, or covers.
- Balloons and view-obstructing banners are not permitted in the stadium. Dedicated balloon parking via pedestrian rail is available at each gate entrance outside of the stadium. We are not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen property.
- Service animals are permitted in Arizona Stadium. If a dog is not trained to do work or perform tasks, and only provides comfort or emotional support, the dog is not a service dog and may be excluded from public areas.
- It is unlawful for a person to consume spirituous liquor from a broken package in a public place, thoroughfare or gathering (ARS Section 4-244).
- Smoking is prohibited inside Arizona Stadium. Designated smoking areas can be found on the outer concourse ramps. Electronic cigarettes also may only be used in designated smoking areas.
- Should guests experience any discomfort due to the actions of others please report the incident to a Commencement usher or security guard.
- Stadium gates will open at 5:30pm.
- Guests may enter Arizona Stadium at gates any gate entrance.
- Undergraduate students must check in at 4th Street and Vine (behind the Main Library) starting at 5:30pm. DO NOT wear caps and gowns until after clearing security check point. ONLY Undergraduates will be allowed in this area. No guests. Commencement volunteers will be on hand for assistance.
- Master’s, Ph.D., Specialists, Pharm D. and Professional students must check- in in front of the Main Library next to Special Collections starting at 5:30pm. ONLY Master’s, Ph.D., Specialists, Pharm D. and Professional students will be allowed in front of the Main Library next to Special Collections. Commencement volunteers will be on hand for assistance.
- Graduates should arrange to meet guests at a specified location, outside of Arizona Stadium, after the ceremony concludes.
- The Commencement Ceremony is scheduled to last approximately 90-120 minutes. Graduates and guests should remain in stadium for the duration of the ceremony.
- There are no secure locations to store or hold personal items. Bring only the items you need and can carry with you into the stadium.
- Graduates and guests should come prepared for temperatures in the upper 90’s when arriving at the stadium. Sunscreen, hats, and sunglasses for everyone in your party are strongly encouraged. Water stations will be available throughout Arizona Stadium.
- Concessions will be available for purchase inside Arizona Stadium. Concession sales are cash only at most locations. Concession sales will close 30 minutes before the end of the event.
- A UA Bookstores souvenir stand will be located at Gate 1. Flower bouquets and leis will be available through Mortar Board Senior Honorary at Gate Ramps 1, 8, and 14.
University Commencement and convocation ceremonies are special events for all involved. Please show respect for everyone who has come to share in the experience. Individuals who engage in inappropriate or disruptive behavior may be removed from the event.
PROHIBITED AND PERMISSIBLE ITEMS
- Purses and all bags prohibited by policy
- Air horns
- No large/oversized/golf umbrellas
- Confetti and Flutterfetti
- Silly String
- Balloons or inflatable items
- Weapons: Guns / Ammunition / Knives / Box cutters
- Leatherman or Similar Tools
- Sharp and/or Pointed Objects (Scissors / Knitting Needles / Etc.)
- Mace / Pepper Spray
- Spray Containers / Aerosols / Flammable Liquids
- Explosives/Fireworks Laser Lights/Pointers
- Unopened Packages
- No Signs with Sticks
- Beach balls
Permissible Items (all items subject to search)
- Small umbrellas
- Small purses (6”x4.5”or smaller)
- Water bottles will be permissible as long as they are 32 oz. or smaller and sealed
- Small hand-held still cameras and video cameras (no tripods)
- Cell phones (must be silenced during ceremony)
- Pagers (must be silenced during ceremony)